Usability and User Interface Design
- Oathsys has a dedicated department of 20+ usability experts including business analysts, consultants, information architects, and visual designers, who are able to get a 360-degree view of your project and apply the appropriate tools and methods to ensure a clear layout, intuitive usage, transparent navigation, and high interactivity.
- With years of experience in a variety of business domains Oathsys utilizes user-centric, business objectives based approach to UI design. We choose the right focus for different types of solutions and their modules.
Oathsys UI Design Principles
Oathsys highlights and unites the core principles of a highly usable solution, and applies them practically in UI:
- Effectiveness & Visibility — each user’s action should produce a result. Effective UI increases customer satisfaction and employee productivity, so we carefully treat both frontend and backend usability. Oathsys adds maximum visibility to objects, so that users can easily identify the function and take a correct action spending minimum time to accomplish a task.
- Performance — in addition to careful software architecture design which is vital to the application performance, our experts tune the application interface for quick response by implementing RIA technologies and features.
- Consistency and Predictability — once a function is learnt users reasonably anticipate that the next time it will behave identically. We ensure that the similar looking functionality produces similar results throughout the entire application.
We utilize a highly transparent iterative approach that allows achieving better usability results and increasing application productivity. The following 4 phases describe how we handle UI design tasks within the development process:
Requirements and Conceptual Design
Oathsys delivers user-centered UI design paying great attention to the analysis of use cases and business scenarios, highlighting target user groups and identification of critical success factors.
At this stage Oathsys develops data models, entity relationship schemes and workflow diagrams to eliminate possible vision gaps and serve as guidelines for further project stages.
Depending on the business goals, functional scope and complexity level of the project Oathsys delivers a number of prototype artifacts:
- Static Mockups
- Clickable Wireframes
- Fully Designed Prototype
The professional software prototyping is also available at Oathsys as a separate service.